We take on the responsibility for the collection and channelization of e waste on behalf of e waste producers.
Extended Producer Responsibility
Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) is a Government-mandated obligation, where producers of notifed equipment (their consumables or components or parts or spares) as enlisted under Schedule 1 of e waste (Management) Rules, 2016 are responsible for adopting environmental-friendly waste manangement practices to ensure its safe disposal, after the said products have reached its end-of-life.
According to the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, all such organizations are required to obtain Extended Producer Responsibility Authorization from the Central Pollution Control Board. This authorisation is mandatory and has to be obtained by all the producers including importers, e-retailers/online sellers/e-bay and so on according to the e waste (Management) Rules, 2016. EPR Authorisation is a permission given to producers of electrical and electronic waste to manage their scrap in-line with a proper implementation plan and set targets. It essentially ensures that the end- of life EEE (e waste) generated from the products of the producers are channelized to authorised dismantlers/recyclers.
Hulladek Recycling is a PRO, which means that it is an organization which assists the producer with the EPR obligations. The roles of a PRO include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collection and Transportation
- Compliance Documentation
- Creating awareness
- Recycling through an authorized recycler
According, to the e waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2018, the EPR targets have been revised in order to bring smoothen producer norms. The revised targets as per the new stipulations are as follows:
1. Collection targets are only 10 per cent of e waste during 2017-18, 20 per cent during 2018-19, 30 per cent during 2019-20 and 40 per cent during 2020-21 and so on, for companies whose number of years of operations is more than the average life of the product they are selling.
2. Producers/importers, who have recently started their operations—whose number of years of operations is lesser than the average life of the product they are selling—have a lower target compared to other veteran producers.
We have partnered with OM Logistics to assist us with our collection and transportational functions. Eco e waste Recyclers and Lubrina Recycling help us offload our e waste management and disposal responsibilities.
For further information, please click here to read Hulladek’s Statutory Policy.
How to get an EPR Authorization?
In order to receive an EPR Authorization, certain documents need to be submitted, such as:
- Filled out EPR application form
- Detailed EPR Planning.
- Details of self Declaration on compliance of ROHS .
- Brief agreement between the collection centres and producers.
- Statutory documents like GST ,PAN card, IEC, Certificate of Incorporation or Trade license.
- Agreement with the PRO, Recycler/Dismantler.
The most crucial document from the above mentioned forms is the EPR Plan. An EPR plan is a systematic outline of an organisation’s strategy enlisting its channelization efforts to meet the set EPR targets.
Hulladek Recycling assists organisations draw up and execute these plans.Get in touch with us here to apply for authorization/plan consultation.